Home Androids Doubting something? mobile Phones Technology 10 Advantages of Rooting an Android Device-Why you should Root Your android Devices
The android open source operating system has developers option which you can use to get access to many features of an android devices as a user or a developer. Despites some setbacks of this process, it is worth trying because of the following reasons.-1 rooting your android device gives you the possibility of upgrading to the latest version of the android operating system. This can be done with ROMs like CM12 and other ‘’cool’’ ROMS.
-2 Creating/saving space on your phones memory. You might have noticed that it is not too easy to enable apps on your phone to be saved on your SD card. But we a rooted phone, it works like MAGIC.
-3 Some apps will only work on rooted devices. Rooting your device gives you the possibility of Running special applications as well as unlocking hidden features on your phone. Some programs like greenify require rooted devices to function properly.
-4 Rooted devices have increased battery life compared to the unrooted .An app like Greenify can be installed on rotted phones which help in giving your battery a better life compared to our popular power saving apps.
5. Rooting an android device gives you full ownership of your mobile device. Think of the apps that come preinstalled in your phone. With a rooted phone, you can add, remove or hide apps.
6. Rooting a phone keeps your current apps intact. There is no need to be afraid, the rooting process does not destroy your apps, what it does is it gives you a root user access to your phone. However, there are other thingsto consider.
7. WE are aware of the thousands of apps that can be used to back up your phone on an android device, but what happens when we root a phone? Alright, rooting a phone to me simply means ‘’better back up’’. Haha, weird right? Ok the thing is when I rooted my HTC phone, I was able to download an app Titanium back up. I noticed that with the other apps, I was just able to back up my apps, but with this app. But we titanium, I back up candy crush and after restoring I was able to continue from my last stage and not on the first. Got it? Do you agree on my idea of better back up?
8. Rooted devices have improved mobile performance. You can easily change the CPU frequency of a rooted phone. This gives users the possibility to speed up the device with no complications.
9. Some android phones today do not per tethering. If you want to make your phone Wi-Fi hotspot , then consider rooting the phone. Note that with the new versions of phones, tethering is a common thing. So just ensure your phone has this facility.
10. What other advantage can you think of?
These are just my views on rooting phones. With the increasing needs of features on phones by users, some of the advantages of rooting devices mentioned above can be enjoyed without actually rooting. For example with nexus, you can get automatic updates and more. If you have the latest android device, consider exploring the available feature before thinking of rooting.