RANSBIZ is technology blog in Cameroon for tutorials topics on; making money online, Affiliate Marketing, SEO, Technology News, blogging , Free internet tips, Social media ,Bulk Sms marketing, earning with Google AdSense, how to shop online in Cameroon, Mobile phones and entrepreneurship .
RANSBIZ is created in an effort to promote the use of technology in Cameroon especially by the youths.
Blocked resources are images, CSS , Java script or
any other resourceyou are using on your
website that affect the smooth functioning of your website. Some of this
resources affects your webpages or post, which in tend lowers your site
visibility on Google and thus your search engine ranking. The introduction of
this service in Google webmaster tool had been of great importance as it helps webmasters
to get more details on their site health. Another important tool is the ‘’search Appearance’’
feature which suggest what you need to improve on your HTML code. The major
problem I have had so far is Duplicated content for my blogger blog. In this
post, I will focus on my experience with blocked resources.
To check out if there are any resources affecting
your, login to your Google Webmaster account, click on the site you want to
work with, click of Google Index and then Click on Blocked resources. If you have any you will see a graph that looks like this;
If you find everything at zero, then your site is
ok. Some days back, I login into my Google webmaster account and found out I had
that has been blocking my pages from
I was really worried on how to go about this. I searched
for help from the web but the solutions seem beyond my reach and some even
beyond my understanding. It was a great
joy when I finally sort out what the problem was. This is why I decided to share
so that others faced with this problem can get immediate solution.
Before I get to what solve my problem, here are some
points to note about blocked resources .I found while in search for the
solution to the problem I had on my site:
your find a blocked resource affecting your web pages, use the Fetch as Google
option in Google webmaster to submit the URL for indexing.This can be done by clicking on any page that
is affected. By using this feature, your URL can be submitted for indexing and
you will get the status report some few second after the fetch.
can verify ownership of the resource if you are used to robot.txt this does not
remove the resource but simply enable Google boot to go through your content
and make it visible on the web. This option
is available on the webmaster tool as seen in the screen shot below.
use robot.txt to prevent some tool from being indexed. When such resources are
crawled unsuccessfully, there are reported as blocked and will affect your site online presence.
Robot text can be used to prevent crawling some resources such as track backs
on a word press blog.
things look tough, and then consider hiring someone to take care of it. Your
website is very important to you and you should do everything to keep it up.
I mentioned the suggestions above because some
resources that come from external websites are never easy to go by. The best
way to go about is by trying any of the methods above if you want to keep your
site rocking with some quality traffic from Google search. Here is what I did to get my site up
and running with blocked resources issue:
The first thing I did was that, I used the fetch as
Google tool option to submit some of my pages to Google. This helps some of my
pages to show up in search results while I was looking for the perfect solution
to this problem.
Then I took
some time to check out every script I’ve added to my website for the past three
This can be something like word press plugin, share
button script, highlighter, HTML script , CSS ,Java script among others.
Since I could find this blocked resource(http://dsms0mj1bbhn4.cloudfront.net > /v2/c583ee95b4cd4d90f006e909aa60e15f526c7f3c/shrMain.min.js)
I was able to search for it in my HTML code. It was
quite challenging such that I had to check from script to script. Fortunately
for me, I was able to find this resource. I removed the script that contained
this resource for my site safety, since I had other alternatives and found out
real success. You can see the results below.
The pages had reduced from 96 above to 16. I had
more than 100 pages affected at the start. My solution just did not require
some high knowledge in coding. It will take you about a week to notice any results. If you
have ever handled ‘’Blocked resources’’ problem successful, kindly let us know
what strategies you used. Thanks